Donald Trump hints at legal action over Mar-a-Lago raid lawyers are already finding fault with his Fourth Amendment defense.

On Friday night former President Donald Trump signaled legal action over the Mar-a-Lago raid. He said that a big resolution related to the Fourth Amendment will be filed soon.

Lawyers are already cracking down on Fourth Amendment defenses, according to the Daily Beast.

Former President Donald Trump has indicated legal action regarding the March a Lago raid but lawyers say his Fourth Amendment defense will fail.

Trump said in a post on Truth Social on Friday night that a major motion related to the Fourth Amendment banning unreasonable search and seizure will be filed soon.

Earlier this month the FBI issued a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago, the former president’s home in Palm Beach, Florida. Legal experts determined that anecdotal evidence would have supported the warrant authorizing the search.

Unsealed court documents revealed that the searches were part of an investigation into whether Trump had violated three laws, including a key aspect of the Espionage Act, related to the treatment of government documents.

Trump and his aides have condemned the FBI’s discovery of a political attack despite being signed by a federal judge and approved by Attorney General Merrick Garland.

Nonetheless, Trump continued his attacks on the Justice Department in his Friday Night Truth social post, describing the raid as illegal breaking into his home.

The former president argued that the violation of his rights and the rights of all Americans is rarely seen before in our country.

fourth amendment
According to the Library of Congress, the Fourth Amendment guarantees the right of people to be safe in their homes and the effect against unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated and warrants issued

But on probable cause supported by oath or affirmation, and in particular describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be confiscated.

Although the major motion has yet to be filed, lawyers are already saying that their Fourth Amendment defense will fail. The Daily Beast reported that legal experts used Twitter to cast doubts on the proposal.

Former Deputy Assistant Attorney General Harry Littman wrote that Trump promised a major proposal related to the 4th Am’ re MAL search.

Presumably he meant a motion to suppress the evidence that people allege once but not before and he would certainly lose.

And University of Texas law professor Steve Vladeck waited until he learned that SCOTUS makes it nearly impossible to sue federal law enforcement officials for Fourth Amendment violations.

 

Leave a Comment