Trump files motion to stop further review of items seized in Mar-a-Lago raid.

Previous President Donald Trump recorded a movement in government court in Florida on Monday looking for the arrangement of a unique expert to survey material held onto by the Justice Department from his Mar-a-Lago property earlier this month.

Trump’s proposal seeks an injunction that would bar the government from any further review of the confiscated material until the appointment of a special master as well as request a more point by point receipt from the public authority of the seized things.

The motion further requests an order from the judge ordering the Justice Department to return any confiscated items that were not subject to a search warrant.

Justice Department spokesman Anthony Cooley said in a statement released after the filing that the August 8 search warrant at Mar-a-Lago was authorized by a federal court on a necessary search of probable cause.

The department is aware of tonight’s action. America will file its answer in court.

Sources told ABC News that a search of Trump’s Palm Beach home two weeks ago was linked to an investigation into whether Trump had mistakenly taken classified documents and other records to Florida in the wake of going out.

In January, National Archives officials retrieved 15 boxes of records that had been improperly taken to Mar-a-Lago when Trump left the White House last year, two months before federal agents asked for additional material.

Shortly after that visit a Trump lawyer signed a statement saying that all classified documents at Mar-a-Lago were for federal investigators, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

But officials believed Trump had confidential documents leading up to the August 8 raid.

Leave a Comment